Fri, 27 May|
The Goldsmith Centre
Identifying laboratory-grown diamonds
Boost your confidence in your ability to identify laboratory-grown diamonds. This practical one-day workshop gives you the opportunity to handle dozens of laboratory-grown diamonds. Julia Griffith will guide you through a series of lectures and hands-on sessions to hone your identification skills.
Time & Location
27 May 2022, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
The Goldsmith Centre, 42 Britton St, London EC1M 5AD, UK
About the Workshop
Target audience: Gem and jewellery professionals. Gem buyers, jewellery valuers, pawnbrokers, auction house cataloguers, gemmologists, gemmology students, retailers and EVERYONE buying in diamond jewellery from the public domain.
Pre-requisite: Must be profficient at observing gems with a 10x loupe and microscope.
Workshop leader: Julia Griffith FGA DGA EG
Extra benefits: Completion certificate, CPD certificate (and CPD points), plus attendees are fully catered for. A sandwich buffet lunch and refreshments are provided.
Gain valuable hands-on experience identifying laboratory-grown diamonds. This workshop will boost your confidence and skills. Identification focuses on observations and simple tests that are available to the average gem professional. Attendees receive an exclusive identification guidebook, which acts as a life-long resource.
Friday May 27th 2022
9:30am - 4:30pm
VAT is not applicable.
We will cover observation and instrumentation which helps us identify laboratory-grown diamonds. Equipment includes Presidium ARi, Presidium SDSII, Gemetrix Jewellery Inspector, Gemetrix StrainView. Topics will include: Observation, magnetism, UV reactions, crossed polarised filters (CPF), screening equipment, testing melee and discussions on advanced equipment. You will have the opportunity to handle a huge variety of laboratory-grown diamonds of a variety of size and shapes. This curated collection features a complete range of identification features in laboratory-grown diamonds.
- A minimum of 45+ laboratory-grown diamonds plus melee stones will be available.
- Basic gemmological equipment is available to loan for the day.
- Attendees recieve an identification guide.
- Classes are limited to 8 participants and so can have excellent peer-tutor interaction.
- Hosted in the beautiful architecture of The Goldsmith Centre in Farringdon, London.
- Lunch and refreshments included.
- This course is CPD accredited.
- Attendees will receive CPD points and a certificate of attendance.
- Attendees will have an option to attend a "recap day" in 2022 priced at £195.00 to gain further experience testing laboratory-grown diamonds.
There is nothing like this course out in the market right now!
Want this workshop to come to you?
I also offer this course as a travelling workshop nationwide. This is a good option for those with 4 or more persons requiring this practical training as it will safe you all time and money. Maximum of 14 attendees in one day to be taught at your place of work. Email email@example.com to enquire further.
- Ticket type
This ticket includes a one-day workshop. Lunch and refreshments included.Price£395.00