Mon, 18 Oct|
The Goldsmith Centre
Identifying laboratory-grown diamonds
Feeling unsure about how to identify laboratory-grown diamonds? Boost your confidence with this practical one-day workshop. Julia Griffith will guide you through a series of lectures and hands-on sessions to boost your knowledge and experience of this critical topic.
Time & Location
18 Oct 2021, 09:00 – 16:30
The Goldsmith Centre, 42 Britton St, London EC1M 5AD, UK
About the Workshop
Gain valuable hands-on experience identifying laboratory-grown diamonds. In this new one-day workshop, you have the rare opportunity of handling dozens of laboratory-grown diamonds of all shapes and sizes. Julia Griffith FGA DGA EG will be your guide through this complex topic.
Monday October 18th 2021
9:00am - 4:30pm
VAT is not applicable.
We will cover observation and instrumentation which helps us identify laboratory-grown diamonds. Equipment includes Presidium ARi, Presidium SDSII, Gemetrix Jewellery Inspector, Gemetrix StrainView. Topics will include: Observation, magnetism, UV reactions, crossed polarised filters (CPF), screening equipment, testing melee and discussions on advanced equipment.
- A minimum of 35+ laboratory-grown diamonds plus melee stones will be available.
- Basic gemmological equipment is available to loan for the day.
- Attendees leave with printed handouts of lessons and test results.
- Classes are limited to 12 participants.
- Hosted in the beautiful architecture of The Goldsmith Centre in Farringdon, London.
- Lunch and refreshments included.
- This course is CPD accredited.
- Attendees will receive CPD points and a certificate of attendance.
- Attendees will have an option to attend a "recap day" in 2022 priced at £195.00 to gain further experience testing laboratory-grown diamonds.
There is nothing like this course out in the market right now! There are two others available in the U.K. One is priced at £650pp. The other is £295pp and does not offer this range of sample stones, access to equipment nor offers CPD points. This is the only laboratory-grown diamond course with a Central London location.
Pre-requisite: Participants must have gemmology/gemstone experience. Good use of loupe/tweezers/microscope and lighting is a must. A gemmology/diamond diploma-level understanding of laboratory-grown diamonds is a minimum. Graduates of The Gem Academy courses on laboratory-grown diamonds are perfectly suited to this one-day workshop.
This workshop is the perfect compliment to The Gem Academy's online courses: The ultimate online course for laboratory-grown diamonds and The retailer's guide to laboratory-grown diamonds.
Want this workshop to come to you? I also offer this course as a travelling workshop nationwide to come to your place of work. This is a good option for those with 4 or more persons requiring this practical training. Maximum of 14 attendees in one day. Email email@example.com to enquire further.
This ticket includes a one-day workshop. Lunch and refreshments included.