Diamond types and how they link to testing and identification
Laboratory-grown diamonds are ever-increasing in amount and popularity! Learn more about these stones and the different diamond types in this webinar.
This webinar is an overview of laboratory-grown diamond with focus on the different diamond types that laboratory-grown (synthetic) diamonds can be grown as, why this is, and how this links to the testing and identification of such stones.
Breakdown of session:
- Brief introduction to synthetic diamonds and synthetic diamond production methods
- An update of qualities and sizes of HPHT and CVD diamonds
- Diamond types for natural diamond
- Diamond types produced by the different production methods
- How testing for diamond types is utilised in screening for synthetic diamonds
- Introduction to the tools available for such testing
- A summary of observations and basic tests that can identify a synthetic diamond
This webinar is presented by Julia Griffith FGA DGA EG